As the charity grows we are in need of someone to support the clinic to manage its’ medications, be a source of medicines information for the team, and deliver medication related consultations to the patients where needed.
Following induction the pharmacists duty in the clinic would be as follows:
● Managing the medicine stock in the clinic through daily top-up and weekly medicine ordering with the local pharmacy .
● Coordinating the receipt of medicine donations and organising the pharmacy storage to create a safe and efficient working environment.
● Provide medicine advice/support to nurses, doctors and medical students
● To see patients for medicine refill of symptomatic treatments, chronic medicine reviews such as blood pressure checks and other patient consults e.g issuing scabies treatments ( depending on clinical experience)
● To assist in improvements in the clinics related to medicines such as guidelines or system changes
Degree in Pharmacy
Fluency in English
Realisation that this is an intense job in a resource limited setting where flexibility, patience, team-work and adaptability is needed
Previous experience working or volunteering with displaced or vulnerable people
Knowledge of French, Greek, Farsi or Arabic
Experience of leading a team, pharmacy management or clinical hospital pharmacy
The working hours will be during the day and you may be required to start at 7am. You will most likely be the only pharmacist so should be confident to be able to take lead on medicine related issues with the support of the coordinators where needed.