Ways of raising a complaint
Any member of staff, volunteer, partner, or person otherwise connected to Med'EqualiTeam's network and its mission can raise a concern or report a case of misconduct.
- Where a complaint is in regards to a volunteer or partner the form below will be sent to our Designated Safeguarding Officer. If the complaint relates to an issue within a partner organisation, we encourage you to escalate your concern within the partner organisation as far as possible before reaching out to us in order for it to be addressed in the most appropriate way Designated Safeguarding Officer.
- Where it is inappropriate to reach out to Med'EqualiTeam’s coordination team or Designated Safeguarding Officer you can indicate in the form below, and the complaint will be redirected to an external member to maintain impartiality.
What to expect when raising a complaint
Med'EqualiTeam is committed to processing your complaint responsibly and professionally. While each case may require a different approach, we commit to the following, general procedure when receiving a complaint.
- Acknowledgment & exploration - Once you have submitted your complaint, the most appropriate member of the Med'EqualiTeam team will start processing it. If you share your identity and/or contact details with us, you will be informed of this step.
- Investigation - If it’s appropriate for us to investigate, the details you have provided will be verified, and - only where appropriate - other parties may be questioned about their involvement in the issue you have raised.
- Follow up - Taking into account what we have learnt, we will decide on appropriate follow-up actions. If you share your identity and/or contact details with us, if it is appropriate to do so, we will inform you of what these actions entail.
- Outcome & closing - Med'EqualiTeam will address the issue by implementing its action plan, involving stakeholders where needed, and - where appropriate and possible - arranging support to those affected by the issue.
Please note that while we are committed to resolving complaints as quickly as possible, the exact timeline for this procedure will depend on the nature of the complaint. All complaints are recorded internally in a confidential manner.
Anonymity and Confidentiality
This procedure is designed to be easily accessible and certain safeguards are in place to protect your identity. While we encourage you to share your name with us for the processing of your complaint, you can also raise a complaint anonymously. Additionally, you can share your name with us but request that it remain anonymous from other parties involved in the complaint you’re lodging.
What should be reported?
Med'EqualiTeam is interested in receiving information relating to potential criminal offences, safeguarding concerns, or otherwise unacceptable behaviour by representatives of the organisation, its partners, or volunteers.
Examples of complaints include but are not limited to:
- Failure to comply with a legal obligation or internal governance guidelines
- Financial malpractice, corruption, fraud or theft
- Criminal activity
- Bullying, harassment, abuse or other forms of harm
see Med'EqualiTeam Safeguarding Policy for a more in-depth list of harms
- Misuse of power
- Breach of confidentiality
- Improper conduct or unethical behaviour
- Attempts to conceal any of the above
This process is not intended for use for complaints relating to a political disagreement with MedEqualiTeam or its representatives, or a disagreement regarding agreed rules of the organisation.